Mangoes are my family's favorite fruit, especially the Carrie variety, its fruit is creamy and fiber-less, like eating custard.... for breakfast, dessert, in cakes, salads, sauces.
Do you like Mango sticky rice?
Here is the easy recipe for Mango sticky rice. the only thing is, you need to think ahead since the rice needs to soak for at least an hour.
- 1 cup glutinous rice (I buy mine at the Asian market)
- 2-3 mangoes, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 to 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup heavy coconut milk (small can)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar, more or less to taste
How to do it:
- soak rice at least 1 hour in cold water, draining several times until water is clear.
- add rice to microwave safe dish (glass mixing bowl), add water to cover rice.
- cover bowl with a plate and microwave on high 3 minutes.
- stir, and microwave for another 3 minutes.
- if needed, add minute by minute until rice is translucent and soft.
- meanwhile heat lite coconut milk, a pinch of salt and sugar in saucepan, do not boil.
- add lite coconut milk to rice, cover with plate, rice will soak up the milk.
- heat heavy coconut milk with 1 to 2 tbs sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- serve with mango and drizzle with heavy (creamy) coconut milk.
more recipes using mangoes on the recipe page