.... I am craving comfort food, such as chocolate :-) And yes, this terrible cold front is lashing out into Florida, we had a chilling low of 46F early this morning.
These mini brownie bites are ready to eat in less than 15 minutes using pantry staple ingredients.
Each mini brownie bite is a healthy, chocolaty energy booster.
- 3.5 oz almonds
- 12 Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Almond butter
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (or try orange extract)
- Organic Unsweetened Flaked Coconut, optional
- Use food processor ( I love my Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus)
- Grind almonds to resemble coarse flour with small pieces of almonds in it. Empty into a small bowl.
- Add dates to food processor and pulse until dates are mashed
- Slowly add almond flour and all other ingredients except coconut flakes, keep pulsing until well mixed.
- Form dough into a log and cut into 16 pieces
- Roll into balls with hands and press into coconut flakes for extra crunchiness.